Other Immigration Services

Family-Based Immigration Petitions

The University may be able to assist you with family-based immigration petitions if you are married to a United States citizen or permanent resident or if your spouse is applying for an employment-based immigrant visa and you are eligible for a dependent visa.

If you have questions regarding family-based immigration petitions, please contact vpgc@iu.edu.

Consular Processing

You can obtain permanent resident status one of two ways—by adjusting your status in the United States or through Consular Processing. If you have an approved immigrant petition and an immigrant visa number is available, you may apply for an immigrant visa at a U.S. Department of State consulate abroad and be admitted into the United States as a permanent resident. This process is called Consular Processing.

If you have any questions regarding Consular Processing, please contact vpgc@iu.edu.